• You will work in a specialized vehicle department within a small team that is very passionate about making industry leading games.
• You will gather research, design and model vehicle artwork in 3D, and follow our proven workflows to create functional parts both interior and exterior for them.
• You will work to create textures and shaders to faithfully describe accurate real-world material types, representing paint finishes, metals, wood, fabric and hides.
• Work with our engine tools to export and test your assets to the game, where you will test and maintain both the individual quality control and expected function of the asset.
• Extensive experience using 3DStudio Max or Maya or Blender for modelling, and Adobe Photoshop for texturing.
• A full understanding of all current generation production workflows, as they pertain to vehicle art asset production.
• A keen understanding and appreciation of structure and construction/silhouette in respect of modelling – resolution of assets relative to world scale and exceptional mesh topology skills.
• A detail obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps for shader passes – diffuse, normal, spec, weathering etc. – and excellent understanding of the value of maximising UV space.
• A critical awareness of the expense/cost of a game asset relative to the target engine/rendering requirements – poly counts and texture sizes.
• A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication skills.
• Able to accurately follow common goals and time-driven set tasks whilst working under own initiative. Effective time management skills to deliver the brief to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Skilled at feeding back on task progress to Leads and line managers.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, animation, tools).
• Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
• One or more years relevant development experience in-studio or in vehicle modding scene.
• Have shipped current generation console titles as a vehicle artist.
• Knowledge and understanding of a PBR based shader workflow.
• Strong traditional art foundations: including but not limited to observational drawing, photography and technical illustration.
• Willingness to test and practically use new workflow tools, both internal and 3rd party.
• Strive to implement new techniques that increase art quality and efficiency across disciplines.
• Deep understanding and love of car culture.